We take your security seriously
SAG-AFTRA FCU is committed to doing everything we can to help protect members from fraudulent activities. However, members may be exposed to acts of fraudulent activity that are beyond the Credit Union's control and it is ultimately your responsibility to prevent and protect yourself from becoming an unsuspecting victim of identity theft or other fraud or scam.
SAG-AFTRA FCU – and credit union-related organizations such as the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), the Credit Union National Association (CUNA), and the National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) – will never ask members for information in an unsolicited communication.
SAG-AFTRA FCU IS SOUND AND YOUR MONEY IS FEDERALLY INSURED
Shares in SAG-AFTRA FCU are protected by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) and have the U.S. government’s full-faith-and-credit guarantee, the same provided to FDIC-insured deposits in banks. Credit union member shares and bank deposits insured by the two funds are covered to at least $250,000, with individual retirement accounts (IRAs) and Keoghs also protected up to $250,000.
To learn more, see the NCUA Consumer Share Insurance Toolkit or call the NCUA Consumer Assistance Center at (800) 755-1030.
Learn more about protecting your privacy, your money and your identity:
- Consumer Share Insurance Toolkit - NCUA
- MyMoney.gov - U.S. government website dedicated to teaching the basics about financial education
- Financial Education - printable brochures and financial education - NCUA
- Common Fraud Schemes - Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Tips for safe online transactions - (PDF) – NCUA
- Shield Yourself From Swindles: Scams Involving Checks, ATMs, and the 'Net – CUNA
- OnGuard Online – Federal Trade Commission
- Fighting back against identity theft – Federal Trade Commission
- Learn more about "Phishing Scams" – Federal Trade Commission
- Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) – FBI and National White Collar Crime Center
- Identity Theft Task Force - U.S. Government
- Looks Too Good To Be True.com - U.S. Postal Inspection Service and FBI
- FakeChecks.org - National Consumers League and Alliance for Consumer Fraud Awareness
- 5 Tips for protecting your checking account (PDF) - The Federal Reserve Board
- Fed Consumer Guide To Credit - The Federal Reserve Board
To order a credit report, call (800) 685-1111
To report fraud, call (888) 766-0008
Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc., P.O. Box 105069, Atlanta, GA 30374
To order a credit report, call (866) 200-6020
To report fraud, call (888) 397-3742
Experian, P.O. Box 2104, Allen, TX 75013-2104
To order a credit report, call (800) 888-4213
To report fraud, call (800) 680-7289
TransUnion LLC, Consumer Disclosure Center, P.O. Box 1000, Chester, PA 19022
Annual Credit Report Request Service
To request a free credit file disclosure, commonly called a credit report, once every 12 months from each of the nationwide consumer credit reporting companies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion), go to www.annualcreditreport.com.
With the recent rise in telephone, postal mail, e-mail and Internet scams, you should never respond to unsolicited requests for information. Never give personal information such as account numbers, Social Security numbers, or any other personal information if you haven’t initiated the contact.
To report fraudulent activity associated with SAG-AFTRA Federal Credit Union, or if you think you have been a victim of any form of identity fraud, call (818) 562-3400 or (800) 826-6946 toll-free, or e-mail Services@sagaftrafcu.org.
Lost or stolen debit and credit cards:
Report your lost or stolen card immediately to:
- (818) 562-3400, ext. 911 or toll-free (800) 826-6946, ext. 911
- (888) 297-3416 (after SAFCU business hours)
- (206) 389-3500 (collect if outside US)
SAG-AFTRA Federal Credit Union is pleased to offer these services at no additional charge:
MasterCard SecureCode is a simple and secure way to pay at thousands of online stores. A private code known only to you and your bank, your SecureCode enhances your existing MasterCard account by protecting you against unauthorized use of your card when shopping online at participating online retailers.
Verified by Visa is a unique service that uses personal passwords or identity information to help protect Visa card numbers against unauthorized use. Once activated your Visa card number cannot be used for online purchases without your personal password.
How MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by Visa work:
- Your card will be automatically recognized at participating online stores and you will be asked for your password.
- Your password will be verified.
- The transaction will be complete.