Short-term investments with competitive yields.
A Share Certificate is a safe and secure way to invest in your future because it provides higher fixed dividend rates for set periods of time. Start with $1,000 and match the term to help meet your goals – you may want as little as six months or as long as 60 months. The more you deposit, the more dividends you'll earn.
The rate is fixed over the term of the Share Certificate Account, and additional deposits are allowed at maturity. Competitive dividends are earned daily, and compounded and paid monthly to help your investment grow.
- Low minimum deposit of just $1,000
- Competitive dividend rates that are higher than Savings and Money Market accounts
- A variety of term options from six months to five years
- Partial withdrawals permitted (penalty may apply)
- Automatic renewal feature available
- Additional deposits permitted at maturity
- Jumbo Share Certificates are for balances over $100,000 and earn higher rates than regular Share Certificate rates.
You can choose to have your monthly dividends transferred into your Share Account or remain in your Share Certificate Account where they will compound at the dividend rate so you earn the stated annual percentage yield. You can also select auto renew so you don't have to worry about renewing your certificate at maturity.
Do you want to learn how to save, invest, and manage your money?
MyMoney.gov is the U.S. government's website dedicated to teaching all Americans the basics about financial education. Whether you are planning to buy a home, balancing your checkbook, or investing in your 401k, the resources on MyMoney.gov can help you do it better.